Friday, November 28, 2008

So Much to Do ~ So Little Time ~

I got so Nervous......I forgot to post anything. LOL I cant believe there are only Three Weeks till Christmas.....I'm in a Panic !!! I love when Thanksgiving comes late in November....gives me more "Fall Time". But now there is So Much To Do and So Little Time !!! Tomorrow I will go back in the woods and search for all the fresh greens I will need to make swags and sprays to place around the Cabin. My Granddaughters will come and spend the day with me they love to forage in the woods, we will make a few things for them to take home as a surprise for their MoM & DaD. We will also try to find our way back to the small little pine sapling that I found a month ago...it would make the cutest tree for one of the upstairs bedrooms or maybe placed on the front porch. These are the days I treasure....making memories that I hope the girls will carry with them forever. Its a Blessing and it warms my heart to repeat the things I did with their Father and their Uncle when they were growing up.
Its a pleasure and a gift to myself to have the house fully decorated..... before I start my shopping, that way when I come home with gifts, or I spend the whole day wrapping or baking cookies, with the music on.........there is Christmas in every little corner.
Hope you are right on scheduled with all your Holiday Preparations !!
Sending Warm Connecticut Hugs ~ Connie xox


13 comments:

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Thanks for freaking me out! I didn't realize we only had 3 weeks until I saw it in black and white...had to look at my calendar just to make sure. There is so much to do and the only thing I have decorated is my blog! I'm sure your home is decorated beautifully by now with the help of the girls. Sounds like you had a fun day planned. By the way...your home looks so pretty in the Decorating for all Seasons book. I bought that when I was in Lancaster. Your house is my favorite, you have such an eye for design.

....26 days to go!

Sending hugs to you also ~ xoxox Jenn

Judy said...

You are the essence of CHRISTMAS SPIRIT my dear friend. I wish I could come "forage" in the woods with you....they built homes in the 34 acres of woods across from our home...BAH HUMBUG! So no foraging...but a customer did bring me her arms loaded with fresh cut holly from her tree today. Three weeks you say....yikes!
I agree with Jenn about your "eye" for design..you are pretty dang good - enjoy all your pictures. Love, Judy

Judy said...

P.S. - haven't purchased a present yet....another YIKES !! XO

Janet - underthewillow said...

aaah fresh greens for swags and sprays sounds absolutely wonderful!....yes Christmas is just three weeks away but all will be well....the music, the decorating, all the goodies, I just wish the whole season lasted longer! Janet :)

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

CONNIE WHAT A WONDERFUL PLAN... I CAN ALMOST HEAR THE GIGGLES FROM YOUR SWEET LITTLE ONES AS THEY MAKE MERRIE MEMORIES OF HAPPY CHRISTMAS THYMES.... THIS CHRISTMAS TIME WILL QUICKLY FLY HOWEVER THE MEMORIES WILL STAY TUCKED IN YOUR HEART FOR FOREVER AND IN THE LITTLE HEARTS OF YOUR GRANDAUGHTERS AS WELL... HAVE A MERRY TIME IN THE WOODS...
XX.....

The Burlap Owl said...

Connie,
Your home sounds beautiful decorated with fresh greenery and holiday preparations...Take care

Tina

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Goodness... Connie what a thyme I am sure you had with the young ones. How those treasured memories mean so much...

I absolutely love your "New Look" & all the little extras on the side.

I always love stopping in to visit.

MeRRiE BLeSSiNgs, Pamela

Brooklyn Country Gal said...

I feel ever so close to you everytime I visit your blog...Living in the city can be very cold sometimes, but you take me back to another time when life was slow and peace and love was everywhere..Blessings Always My Dear Cousin.....

The Cinnamon Stick said...

WOOHOO!! Ain't we getting fancy....now you will have to teach me!! XO Judy

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Connie-Love the new look. Very festive. We also went to the woods this past weekend. The smell of fresh greens in the home always brings such wonderful childhood memories. Your little ones are blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. I love every nook and cranny decorated too.
Tootalls-Donna

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~ It is Thanks to Jenn at Rabbit Hill Primitives (xox Jenn) that I got my new look. Its a free site....Cutest Blog on the Block...just click on the link in the left hand corner of my Blog. Then its just copy and paste....
And you know if I can do it ~~ anyone can do it. :-)
Sending Warm Winter Hugs ~ me xox

Unknown said...

hey girlie...just added you to my blog list...love your blog!...thanks for sharing your cabin adventures...oh to live that simple life...but to add modern technology!...hehehehehehe

Anonymous said...

oh how wonderful this time with your girls....I bet they have so much fun with you and are learning such great traditions that they too will carry with their children one day....Grandparents are so important. God Bless you my friend. I can't wait to hear how your day went and I Hope you found that lil sapling tree :)