Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finding a Quiet Spot ~~

Thank You All for your Sweet Comments ~~ I did have a wonderful day in the woods with the girls on Saturday, came back with baskets loaded with greens and precious memories. Found our little charlie brown tree will take a few photos when I get a minute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At this time of year.....I find I go about things quickly...sometimes too quickly not really absorbing what I am doing...or how much fun the process is. There is so much packed into a short amount of time. I am trying to take time out every few days to find a quiet place to rethink...refresh...and reflect, on all I have accomplished, and all I want to accomplish in the coming days. Some days my list is small .... some days its great either way I am thankful for all Ive been given, and for the ability to create, sustain, and maintain our simple life here at the Cabin. We have been truly blessed with much joy and love in our lives....and I never want to get too busy to remember that, savor the fact and give thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you can take a few minutes to relax, and reflect on the joys in your life especially at this most Wonderful Time of the Year ~~
Sending Warm Winter Hugs from Connecticut ~ Connie xox


9 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Connie!....what a pretty picture you have there with the table and all....also love the pictures of your greenery and berries! Janet :)

The Cinnamon Stick said...

I just want to come and give you a big HUG...especially for reminding me to enjoy these days - you write what is in my heart...Love, Judy

Thistlebrooms said...

Is that set for ME???
Yummy...
Best...Marilyn

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Hi Connie! Thanks for wishing me luck....it went really well and all packages are shipped. NOW I can finally start decorating! I've been drooling over your pictures. Someday I hope to visit your lovely place....until then I'll just visit through your beautiful pictures. Judy couldn't of said it better....you do write what is in our hearts. Lots of love and warm hugs to you ~~~ Jenn

Backwoodsprim said...

Hi there Connie!
This is my first visit here &
I really like your blog! :)

Thanks for the info on the books!
I know the Country Living's Country Decorating book you are referring to!! I love that book but don't own it either....yet!
I tease the girl's at the local library that one of these days it's just going to go missing!! :)
I've checked that book out probably 20+ times!!
They do a "food for fines" drive at the library on occasion...
You can pay your library fines by bringing canned good in.
I thought about bringing a few cases of canned goods in trade for the book! LOL
Which of Judy C's books have you liked the best so far?
I have the first one and have heard the ones following are better than that one....what do you think?
If you would please post back over on my blog site so I won't miss your reply...
Thank you and I appreciate you visiting me!
Have a lovely day!
Backwoodsprim

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

TIS THE SEASON FOR HOME AND HEART,,, LOOKS AS IF CT IS ALL SET FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL DAYS OF DECEMBER... LOVELY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS CONNIE....XXX FROM WA STATE

Shelley said...

I saw your comment at 'antique or not' and had to come visit when I saw your profile name was ctlogcabin! I have a log cabin as well! You have a beautiful blog and I can appreciate a quiet simple life at the cabin like you commented! I am going to add you to my log cabin dweller links.
Come visit me: www.logcabininmichigan.blogspot.com

Shelley

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I just found your blog and I am enthralled. I have to go back and read about Tessiers too. I live in central, MA and ave yet to make it there.

Your photos are wonderful. Stop by by blog when you have a chance.

The Cinnamon Stick said...

This gal does think you are relaxing too much....get out of that "quiet spot" and say hello!! I want to see pics of your tree!!!XO Judy