Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Walk in the Woods ~~




Took an early morning walk today looking for
bittersweet and rose-hips. Love to forage
in the woods......never know what you will
come home with. Learned my lesson years
ago and now dress properly for the outing.
Head to Toe I'm cover up, and I always wear a
good pair of gloves. I'm delighted with today's
finds, I also spotted a couple of small pine
trees that could possibly be used in the Cabin
this Christmas Season, hope I can find my way
back to them. Came inside poured a nice cup of
tea then proceeded to fill a basket, and hanging
pouch with the hips ..... filled a huge box with the
unopened bittersweet and set it on top of my
tv cabinet ....... a little messy but it looks good.
Now off to vacuum up the remnants.
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful, Warm, and Cozy
Week-End !! xox

6 comments:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

A scavenging you go...! The rosehips are beautiful. It seems to be a "good" year for rosehips..last year was so sad! A walk in the woods, treasures found and a cup of tea....sounds all so warm and cozy to me! Judy

SweetAnnee said...

LOVELY
i'll be scouting for the teeny
rose hips here
and I NEed some bittersweet
LOVE you blog..came here from
THistlebrooms

Mabel and Edgars Early Goods said...

What beautiful rosehips !

Anonymous said...

oh what fun a walk through the woods gathering nature's beauty....I hoped to get out and do just that this morning but is raining and very cold here in VA.
I love your blog and loved visiting your PT site too my friend.
hugs to you

Thistlebrooms said...

The Colors of Autumn are Nature at its Best...Thank you for sharing your walk with us...
Marilyn

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

ROSEHIPS AND BITTERSWEET WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE!!!
XXXX