Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Come Sit and Have Some Tea ~~

Afternoon ~~ Went to Salinger's Orchard
which is just over the state line, into NY and
brought home a bushel of apples.
Decided this would be a good day for baking.
Its chilly and windy out but ever so cozy
here in the cabin. I have my candles lit and some
very sweet music on.
My Apple Pie recipe is quite old and the recipe card
is a little dog eared but it makes a delicious pie...one
my family really loves !! (French Apple)
The Orchard was overflowing with Pumpkins, Mums,
and Gourds such a pretty sight to see.
They also have fresh baked cinnamon donuts, which I
couldnt resist, enjoyed it with a cup of Tea. YUM !!!
The Bounty and Blessings of Fall ~~
Hope You are Warm, Cozy, and can EnJoy
Some Simple Pleasure Today ~~ xox

6 comments:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

CINNAMON.....a CINNAMON donut...how yummy- I love CINNAMON!! Hmmmm...love apple pie too! XO Judy

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

What a lovely photo... looks so inviting with the candles light. I will be right on over... leave the porch light on for me.

Love your blog... will visit you again from thyme 2 thyme.

AuTuMn BLeSSiNgs, Pamela

Thistlebrooms said...

Happy you took your Road Trip...Chilly & Windy Day But the looks of your Dutch Apple Pie it was well worth it...
Godspeed...Marilyn

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

I HAD MY VERY FIRST APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT IN NY STATE AT A CHARMING APPLE STAND,,, I CAN STILL REMEMBER THE TASTY TREAT... WE DONT HAVE SUCH A THING IN WA STATE I AM SAD TO SAY.. YOUR APPLE PIE DOES LOOK EVER SO YUMMY I CAN SEE WHY IT IS A FAMILY FAVORITE,, WHATS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT A PERFECT APPLE PIE ((: MMMMMM MMMMM good

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend. I wish I was closer I would love to come and sit with you and eat some warm apple pie :) Welcome to blogland...what a lovely warm place you have made.
hugs

fairykin said...

Would you share your pie recipe and those crumbly topped muffins
Thank you
Faith410@gmail.com