Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Showers ~~


April Showers ...... Bring
May Flowers ~~

Looking out my window here at the cabin the sky is dark & gray.
I just went out, and got Dukie so I know its damp out,
and the rain is falling steady.
A good day to be inside  ditzing around .....where its warm,
cozy, and the soft  flickering light of the candles
 bounce all around the room.
I have a large pot of Lentil soup cooking on the stove,
later I will bake some cheesy biscuits to go along
with the hearty dinner.
Hubby will be so happy, he loves when he comes home,
and can smell good things cooking as he removes his
boots and makes his way into the cabin.
Bless them ... Most Men are pretty easy to Please.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All is well and good here in my little corner,
and as always I hope its the same for you my Friends.
Sending Warm Thoughts & Hugs ~~ Connie
+++++++++++++++++
As I finish this post the sun has just come out.
As they say in New England  "If you don't
like the weather just wait a few minutes it will change".
Ah ........  it gone again.  :-) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That best portion of a good man's life....
His little, nameless, unremembered acts
of kindness, and of love.
William Wordsworth
English poet (1770 - 1850)

10 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Those tulips are beautiful - especially in the old coffee pot. I'll be sending you sunshine soon. It's sunny here for a few days that then moving your way and we'll get rain for the weekend. Have a great week, Dawn

Beehive Needleworks said...

Hello Connie...I am delighted to hear that you are spending a cozy day indoors. Your rain was our SNOW here this day. Tuck in and enjoy your yummy supper later this evening!
Warmly, J

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Connie!....I love cool rainy days, the air is fresh and I can open the windows....they say the same thing here about the weather, that if you don't like it just wait a minute, LOL....gotta love the east coast!

It's getting down to the wire on American Idol and the cream has risen to the top!....I would like to see the little boy go next but he will probably do well tonight as their songs are going to be from Shania Twain....oh well, enjoy the evening and your soup!

Janet

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Just hung up the phone with you and came to see what you were having for dinner...(hope I didn't hold you up from making those biscuits) - just tell the big guy that Judy is sending his goodies and he will wait patiently. Thank you for the laughter and hugs, XOXO, Judy

Constance said...

The flowers are so lovely. I enjoyed my visit to your picture trail to. I can't figure which I love more; all the beautful candlelight, the bunny and chick or the blue rocking chair. Thank you for sharing.

Take care,

Sallie

nancy huggins said...

I would love to have a log cabin (that is what I will do with the money if I ever win a sweepstakes) and would love to bake bread and make soup on a dreary day...just sounds very inviting.

Thistlebrooms said...

Beautiful Tulips Connie...
Best thing to look at for such a Rainy Day...
Gotta give me you recipe for the Lentil Soup, I tried many and still haven't found the RIGHT ONE... Our rest of the week will be a walking, gardening and enjoying week with ALL the Sun and HEAT coming.
Maybe you should take a ride over to 'Elizabeth Park' in Hartford to see their MILLIONS of TULIPS in their outside gardens...Such a treat for the eyes!!!(Before they wither this weekend)

Enjoy My Friend~Marilyn

Aprons Gone Wild said...

Your tulips "almost" make me want to be back home. but the weather here has been so spectacular lately that we're having a hard time tearing ourselves away.
Nice thinking of you in your cozy home with the aroma of soup wafting throughout. Enjoy those April showers.
Fondly,
Joanne

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Yum Connie ~ your always making something good! It sounds like you had a lovely day and hopefully the sunshine has made it your way by now. I'm just catching up on my friends blogs now....better late than never. Hope your doing well and your gardens are blooming! Take care ~ warm hugs and wishes ~ Jenn

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

SPRINGTIME IS COMING IN SPURTS AND WITH SNOWFLAKES TO THE PACIFIC NW ~~ FLOWERS AND HERBS DONT SEEM TO MIND THE SILLY WINTER WEATHER WE HAVE BEEN HAVING IN "MAY" AS THEY ARE THRIVING...SOON IT WILL BE JUNE~ WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!!! HUGS TO YOU CONNIE... xxx B